Pregnancy is both an exciting and challenging experience for women. Your body will go through a lot of changes in those nine months, and before you know it, you will give birth to a beautiful bundle of joy.
Whether this is your first pregnancy or not, it’s important that you create lasting and meaningful memories to share with your loved ones. David Amoils Photography has been providing iconic maternity photography for soon-to-be moms in the GTA for over 25 years.
Maternity photography is a great way to celebrate your pregnancy. After all, the birth of a child is a major milestone and a positive experience. If you’re interested in booking a maternity photo shoot, you probably have a few important questions. Don’t stress. The David Amoils Photography team is here to answer all your questions and make your maternity shoot an amazing experience!
When is the best time to schedule a maternity photography session?
On average, we recommend that you schedule your maternity photography session around the 28 to 36 week mark. However, it really depends on what you want out of it. If your pregnancy has been a difficult one, you may want to schedule it earlier.
You also have to plan for early labour. Babies are very unpredictable, and your baby may unexpectedly arrive before your late-term photoshoot takes place.
Can my husband or my significant other and my other children take part in the maternity photoshoot?
Yes, they absolutely can! While the photoshoot is about you and your developing baby, we love incorporating the entire family into the session. We feel it’s important to capture those wholesome moments because creating these memories is what matters most.
What should I do if I am feeling a little insecure about my body?
We’ve worked with many soon-to-be moms over the years, and it’s perfectly normal to feel a little insecure about your body. During pregnancy your body goes through a lot of major changes. Our best advice to you is to celebrate your pregnancy for the joyous occasion that it is.
How should I prepare for my maternity photography session?
Preparing for your maternity photoshoot isn’t hard, but you’ll want to consider the following:
- Your comfort is important. Pick an outfit that is comfortable. There are a lot of maternity-friendly clothes that are both stylish and comfortable.
- Make sure to relax. Your maternity photography session is about celebrating you and your baby-to-be. There’s no need to stress. The best photos occur when you are happy, relaxed, and having fun.
- Decide whether you want indoors or outdoors. Both options are great, but you need to decide which one is suitable for you.
- Consider your physical health. If you are near the end of your pregnancy, it may not be practical for you to attempt strenuous poses.
- Lastly, we always suggest you wear monochromatic, solid colours as they tend to photograph much better than patterned outfits.
About David Amoils Photography – Toronto and the GTA
Don’t hesitate to contact David Amoils Photography if you are interested in booking a maternity photography session. We’ve been photographing soon-to-be moms for over 25 years, and we know exactly how to help you get the most out of your maternity photo shoot.
We are located in Thornhill, Ontario and offer a wide range of photography services to individuals and families located in Toronto and throughout the GTA. Call us at 905.882.6770, or visit our website at www.davidamoils.com, or come visit our studio if you are interested in booking your own photo shoot, and we will work with you to have the best experience ever!